Materials Transactions, Vol.46 No.08 (2005) pp.1760-1763
© 2005 The Japan Institute of Metals
Microstructual Characterization of Sputtered Pt--Ir Coatings on Ni-Base Single Crystal Superalloy
1Thermal Spray Group, Materials Engineering Laboratory, National Institute for Materials Science, Tsukuba 305-0047, Japan
2Undergraduate Student, Department of Materials Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
Characterization of Pt--Ir alloy coatings on a Ni-base single crystal superalloy was carried out. Pt--Ir alloys with varied composition were sputter-deposited on TMS-82+, which were then subjected to annealing and Al-pack cementation treatments. It was found that all the as-deposited films consisted of Pt--Ir solid solutioned fcc single phase, while the annealing treatment at 1423 K for 1 h drastically changed the microstructure, depending on the composition of coated layers. On the other hand, concentration profiles of alloying elements were not drastically changed by the Al-pack cementation process. It was also revealed that Ir addition increases the surface hardness of all the as-deposited, annealed, and aluminized specimens.
(Received 2005/4/26; Accepted 2005/6/16; Published 2005/8/15)
Keywords: platinum--iridium, bond coat, aluminizing, Ni-base superalloy
Table of Contents
- P. Deb, D. H. Boone and T. F. Manley: J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A 5 (1987) 3366--3372.
- H. Hosoda, T. Takahashi, M. Takehara, T. Kingetsu and H. Masumoto: Mater. Trans. JIM 39 (1997) 871.
- W. S. Walston: Superalloys 2004, eds. K. A. Green, T. M. Pollock, H. Harada, T. E. Howson, R. C. Reed, J. J. Schirra and S. Walston, (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society) 579--588.
- M. Harada, A. Suzuki, Y. Wu and H. Murakami: Collected Abstracts of the 2005 Spring Meeting of the Japan Inst. Metals (2005) 161.
- T. Hino, T. Kobayashi, Y. Koizumi, H. Harada and T. Yamagata: Superalloys 2000, eds. K. A. Green, T. M. Pollock and R. D. Kissinger, (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society) 729--736.
- Crystallization Handbook, 1st Edition, (Crystallization Society of Japan, Tokyo, 1999) p.~2355.
- M. S. A. Karunaratne and R. C. Reed: Acta. Mater. 51 (2003) 2905--2919.
- M. Ikeda, M. Ode and H. Murakami: Collected Abstracts of the 2004 Autumn Meeting of the Japan Inst. Metals (2004) 258.
© 2002 The Japan Institute of Metals
Comments to us :